How many disasters do we have around the world for 2020?
The year 2020 started out with the coronavirus pandemic outbreak. Global warming also caused more disasters, we have experienced severe weather, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, avalanches, severe storms and typhoons, locust swarm, and floods and mudslides around the world. We had bushfires in Australia, which happen commonly in the bushfire season, but the difference is that the bushfires this year were super deadly and extremely terrible. Then, we have brown glaciers in New Zealand. It's so crazy! Earth is crying out loud to all of us, we need to help the Earth heal and take good care of our lovely Earth.
Disasters can strike at any moment without warning; thus, we need to be prepared before they happen! Let's get you ready before a natural disaster strikes!
Before any disaster, we need to always be ready:
2. Make plans for you and your family in case of an emergency. I suggest making multiple plans too, so if plan A fails, you always have plan B (and C, or D, etc.) to tackle different scenarios that come up.
* You also need to practice your disaster plan with your family! This is super important, so you will panic less when a real disaster hits out of the blue.
3. Always stay informed. Understand what disaster you might encounter in your area, and learn what you can do before disaster strikes.
*Learn about warning signs for disasters, so you can act fast!
During any disaster
1. The first thing you need to do is to get your emergency kit and follow your plan to your designated safe place.
2. Monitor with your emergency radios, news radio, or TV news for any relevant informations.
3. Be alert for and obey any shelter-in-place or evacuation order, if it's announced.
4. Stay with your loved ones and learn how to cope with each other in any upcoming uneasy situations!
There are several things you will need to look out for you and your family's health and safety: